Monday, September 2, 2013

The Clueless Baker: Zingy Lemon Bars

So there are about ten recipes left (including this one) in the book that I want to make. I'm tired of making them in the order that they appear in the book, so I will be bouncing around until I'm finished with the book.

There really isn't a whole lot to say about this recipe. I followed the directions and the bars came out nice.





I thought that the crust was a little too thick, but everyone else in my family loved them. I think I'm just really critical of anything I make. My mom and I agreed that the lemon flavor could have been just a bit more prevalent, but it's not like there wasn't any flavor. I think what it boils down to is personal preference. I like really STRONG citrus flavors, to the point that the dessert is a little sour and that's hard to find in desserts. So, the bars weren't spectacular, but it's a basic baking book so what can I really expect right? 

That's it. Really short post this time, but everything went smoothly and there isn't much to comment about the taste. Nothing bad happening and nothing good makes for a pretty boring blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment