Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Clueless Baker: Giant Snickerdoodles

COOKIE TIME!! I love cookies. Who doesn't love cookies? Especially homemade cookies!

My family has been desperate for some good quality sweets lately, so I thought cookies would be a good time to try a snickerdoodle recipe. I've never made snickerdoodles before. Occasionally I buy one at the store, but it's never very good. My mom made them one time too and I LOVED them, but we kind of feel like were not allowed to make them. I have a family member that gets irate if anyone but her makes snickerdoodles for the holidays. She seems to think that she is the god and master of all snickerdoodles....I tried her snickerdoodles once....they weren't very good. So I decided to snickerdoodles this once. No one in my family was sure they even liked the cookie (they don't remember when I was 8 and my mom made the cookies).

They turned out nice:






These are the only pictures I was able to get of the cookies. They were gone as soon as they were cool. This snickerdoodle recipe was AWESOME! I didn't even realize how good cream of tartar can taste! It's kind of like a mix between cake and walnuts, that mixed with the cinnamon makes for one tasty cookie. My mom who was sure she didn't like snickerdoodles LOVED these cookies. Everyone wants to make sure I save the recipe and have agreed to keep it from the territorial snickerdoodle family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment