Monday, July 15, 2013

The Clueless Baker: Cheese Bread

It was finally cool enough outside for me to bake! It's been hard lately for me to justify baking lately because it's so damn hot outside! Anything over 75 degrees is just too hot for me. Anyway, I was able to bake today without turning my house into a furnace.

I made cheese bread and this time I made sure to look CLOSELY at the directions and preheat the oven to it's proper temperature. I did everything the way I was supposed to and look at my reward:






It came out PERFECTLY!! I am so happy it didn't fall apart this time!

As for the taste.....well it leaves a something to be desired. For being a cheesy bread recipe I didn't taste the cheese, it had taste, but I could put my finger on what it was. I shared some with my mom and she was able to provide the answer that eluded me...CORNBREAD! That's what it tastes like! I don't mind cornbread, but that wasn't really what I wanted today. If I wanted cornbread I would have made cornbread. I didn't eat another bite, but my mom had a few pieces with her soup and she said it complements tomato soup nicely. So, at least the bread won't go to waste. I won't eat it (I hate tomato soup), but perhaps others in my family will polish it off for me. The recipe calls for 1 1/4 cup cheese, this is by FAR not enough. Anyone who is thinking of trying this recipe make it of 2 cups of cheese (I used sharp cheddar) and let me know if it's any better.

Next up...I'm not sure...some kind of yeast bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment